Oct 11, 2007

New Trails, New Discovery

The local Ecuadorian Trail Team (I made this name up) has been cleaning up overgrown trails in the hills where we ride. "Trails" are being found in places that were just covered in tall grasses, leaves and bushes. What is an Ecuadorian Trail Team? Dump trucks dropping loads of baseball sized rocks, large tractor's, men with machete's and of course, fire. "Trails" simply equal forest service roads but don't tell the locals. Most have not experienced heavenly single track. So what did I discover? Thanks for asking. A shelter of some sort with 4 corners, leaf roof, bamboo bed, firewood, fire pit and a hunting bow. Being that I wasn't sure what was to be hunted and the fire pit was still hot, I quickly sacrificed my safety so I could provide you with these photos:




This last week in pictures:


Either deep in thought or trying to fill the cup
Medicine dolls
D is the cute one
"You don't scare me"
Street vender's having lunch. Yes, that's underwear for sale on the street corner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice tree fort building skills Dave. By the looks of that bow you are proving to be quite crafty with the spork too.

The drawing is all yours. It's not much, and the real color is purple. I chaned it to orange to get in the Halloween spirit. Purple just doesn't scream Halloween. It screams something else, which I am not going to go into in your bloggs comment box. Purple Rain will get us know where. I'll work on a better one really for you guys. T-shirt too.

Take care you 2, we miss ya,
Jerms