Oct 1, 2007

Clips of Guayaquil

This week you get clips of Guayaquil. No, there wasn't any major outing this weekend due to the Elections. Ecuadorians are required by law to vote (not a bad idea) and have to travel to their original place of birth to cast that vote (great for family reunions, bad for tourists). This equals many crazed drivers, large crowds and of course, corruption. Rumor has it, during last years election, you could earn $15 for voting for a certain candidate which was paid after your vote was submitted. Needless to say, these kinds of activities can generate some "conflict" so we decided to lay low at the Richert Ranch. Because you are more interested in pictures than my tender thoughts, here are some clips while in Guayaquil this last week:

This bike is fully loaded: largest milk carton in the world, rear rack, rear view mirrors and a radio enclosed in a steal cage with a lock. All on a little BMX bike.
Pretty sure you're not to feed the dragons


This guy takes "dangers of cycling" to a new level. No helmet needed.....it won't matter
This guy is forced to use his bicycle as a scooter. Unfortunately for him and many others, this city is not very handicap friendly
Saturday we went hiking at a park about 5 miles from where we live
Not a bad campsite
I doubt he'll feel so lucky during the green season


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

D & D - This is Shawn Blenker. What great blogs you guys have. I love them! I had no idea that you guys weren't in the country. I'm ashamed of myself for letting our friendship drift. I found you guys on afternnu.com...
I'll try to catch up on your blogs more often. Great pics!

Polski G said...

Yes, there is a reason that they named it the "Americans" with Disabilities Act. It doesn't really apply in other countries. Certainly not over here in the Polska land. Great pics! I need a caged radio on my bike!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great posts. Got your sweet email, I'll hit you up this weekend and let you guys know how the wedding goes. I'll bring my spy camera and try to catch E Quiz dancing or something. Tootles—Jerms