Oct 19, 2007

Go Time

It's go time folks! Babies are coming and I am re-joining the working force on Monday. Actually looking forward to it. Retirement has been good but it's time to serve the kids of Ecuador. Don't worry though, adventures will still be had and posted on Spork. I observed the pre K and Kindergarten class on Tuesday and they scare the bejivys out of me. 1/2 don't speak English, I don't speak Spanish or gue-gue ga-ga and they don't understand "sit down", "get off the table", "stop drawing on Emilio", "keep your fingers out of your nose" or "no licking the paint!" Let the fun begin.
In our neighborhood we have ocean access and I found a family that rents Kayaks. So, Thursday we went kayaking with friends to explore the waterways, mangroves, birds and yes, alligators (true, but we did not see them). Check it out:





Ol Georgy doesn't have many friends in South America

4 comments:

Polski G said...

Great pics . . . funny sh!t about those pre-K kids. They are scary!

aunt juju said...

What a great kayak picture! Sometimes I'm shocked to see the changes our sweet little "D" has gone through since her adventures with the other "D" began. You two have wa-a-a-ay too much fun! I love you both!!! yea! Christmas is coming!!!

Jodi Miller said...

and where are the life jackets?

Anonymous said...

Hey, is that school teaching cutting into your blog time?
Aunt Sherry