Nov 26, 2007

Birthday Dinner

Last Wednesday (my birthday), D and I had the privilege of being invited to the U.S. Consulates home for Thanksgiving dinner along with some other teachers and the Peace Corp. Once we got past security, we enjoyed a traditional Thanksgiving feast, service by those dressed in penguin suits, story's of service work in Ecuador and an impromptu piano concert. The host even brought out a candle and the group sang Happy Birthday for me in 4 different languages. Which 4, I don't know! The family of the U.S. Consulate are wonderful people and it made for a very memorable Birthday. I'll be honest, I couldn't help but take a keepsake. I safely tucked it where the sun don't shine and ran like a man runs from seeing Larry Craig's hand waving under his bathroom stall. Check it out:

No comments: