Nov 19, 2007

30 in Ecuador

I'm excited to be experiencing my 30th birthday in Ecuador. I may not have drinkable tap water, hot water, decent cheese, sweet singletrack trails, consistant electricity, a job (no complaints) or friends and family here to help celebrate, but I am experiencing something I never thought I'd be doing in my previous 29 years. I wouldn't give it up for any missed luxury's. Each day I wake up to a wonderful wife, palm trees, iguanas, multi colored birds and a new culture to be explored. Everyday there is a real possibility I may see something I have never seen before. Living the good life. I have no doubt this experience will change how I live my next 30 years. Cheers!



2 comments:

Jodi Miller said...

Feliz Cumpleanos!!! El Dave-o loco!!! We love you and miss you and are singing "Happy Birfday" to you right now! Trente Anos, aye caramba!!! Casey, Jodi and Blakerdoos!

Anonymous said...

I sang Happy Birthday to you!!

At this moment you are one-half my age (remember we share November birthdays).

I know you had a wonderful day--start thinking of where you want to go for a birthday meal in Idaho--
love, Aunt Sherry