Aug 29, 2007

Pool Boy

Below is a photo of my new Ecuadorian friend, Jackson. He speaks a little English, I speak very little Spanish, somehow we have 20-30 minute conversations about 4 times a week. Topics of discussion: my daily adventures, his many talents and how to properly pronounce beach vs. another word starting with b that includes the letters hcit (there is a large number of grandmas reading Spork). This is very important if Jackson was to ever say to his wife, "I like the beach." Jackson was the national swimming champion (this makes me feel better as I flop around in the pool), currently practices the trumpet while on lifeguard duty (nice music to drown to), teaches acting at a local university, is the lead actor in a play called "A Streetcar Named Desire," and is a main character on 2 different TV soap opera's. When I took this photo, Jackson was concerned about his hair and the fact that he didn't have makeup on. I just took the photo.
This is how tough guys carry wood. The guy in the white is NOT a tough guy.
There are drink vender's at nearly every corner. Nobody goes thirsty in this city.

No comments: