Sep 6, 2007

Panties In A Bunch

Simmer down now! I know your panties are all wound up just like my thongs are over no new posts but fact is, I've been a working man. I've been earning pennies (literally) for the last 3 days as a substitute and it's starting to get in the way of my daily adventures. That's not to say being the only one working with a class full of Kindergartners isn't an adventure. Let's be honest with each other, the focus of Kindergarten is not to make sure these kids go home highly educated after a day at "school." It's simply to give the parents, or nannies in most cases, a break from what I can only describe as the equivalent to what happens within your vacuum while it's running. Things flying everywhere, high pitched sounds and mass chaos. Another truth: these are my people! We understand each other, appreciate short attention spans and like to expend energy. Here is what my last 3 days have been filled with:

Kindergarten in Art Class. Fun kids.

What part of "Stay seated" is hard to understand? Of course I had control.

5th graders and I taking a break to sing. The break was mainly for me.

Catholic school just getting out for the day. This is a scene nearly all over Guayaquil around 2:15.

My first dollar made in a soccer game. A soccer game isn't played without $ on the line. Safer games are played for $.25 or less. Anything above that, these guys will kill for a win. Yesterday, our team won 3 games at $.50 each. I wasn't about to ask where the other $.50 was.

3 comments:

crio said...

Hey Che,they only paid for the first 2 games, so 8 players=$1 per player

by the way,you are playing better keep up the good work!!!

Sherry said...

I will have to give up my elbows. These new knees are great--you couldn't take them from me!!

Why didn't I think of singing when I needed a break with the 5th graders at Greenhurst?

love you

Anonymous said...

Don't gamble with your life or anything but it is nice to know you are getting better at futbol (soccer).

Damn near semi-pro from the looks of that Sacajdolla.

Go Beckham, I mean Richert!

GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL!