Sep 19, 2007

Commitment Issues

I've got a good routine going: Ride with D to work, check email, read news, study Spanish, go on daily adventures, mountain bike - swim - and/or play soccer, tutor (job), ride home with D, play with friends who work from 9-5. Repeat. It is also my duty to share these adventures with you via Spork. The last thing you or I want is for something to get in the way of the emotional bonding Spork has allowed us. Why would we want to change this in the name of "Work"? Well, "Work" is knocking on the door, I'm peeking through the blinds and we're just staring at each other waiting for the other to make the first move. Some of you may find this funny but every school teacher I know has these same commitment issues come about August. Problem: That annoying companion, "Work", just kept knocking and I couldn't shake him. I have accepted a long term sub position for the Art teacher who is pregnant (7 weeks starting Oct. 15). Trust me, it was very hard to make this choice knowing it could jeopardize our commitment to each other through Spork. I promise there will still be adventures (I am working with Pre K - 12th grade) and we will work through this together. First thing to arrange for Art class: Nudes.

1 comment:

Polski G said...

Wow Dave . . . I'm sorry to hear that. But you KNEW this could be a distinct possibility going in. Don't let your Sporkin' ways slow down just cuz of a little work. I can always count on it when I need a diversion during my prep. I will, in turn, try to keep the Kielbasa updated more often for you.