Feb 12, 2009

Fever Proof

In preparation for my upcoming Amazon trip, today I went downtown and received my Yellow Fever shot.  My experience: Entered front door which was in an alley.  Door opened into a small room which contained 2 plastic chairs (the nurse was in one and I sat in the other), a black file cabinet, glass bottles with dark brown liquid and hand written labels and a midget sized bed (no offense if you are a small person.......but even you might think it was small).  I simply traded my Passport number for a shot which looked to come from a "sterile" wrap.  I have not yet determined which is the greater risk.......... not getting the shot and getting Yellow Fever or receiving the shot and becoming infected with ibby-jibby Ecua alley germs.  Check it out:     

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like one of the bottles on the nurses tray is Coke. Who knew it had so many applications.
Thanks for sharing the great posts of your regular adventures!

Kate said...

You have the BEST stories! When are you two coming for a visit?