Dec 1, 2008

Down and Out

Well, a little bad news.  A couple months ago I tore my meniscus in my left knee and now need arthroscopic surgery.  Surgery in Ecuador?........Yeah, we share the same concern!  I will be going in for surgery this Thursday and if all goes well, I'll still have 2 legs.  I should be able to put weight on my left leg within a few days, walking normaly within 2 weeks and playing futbol again after 6 weeks.  The Dr. has promised me a DVD of my surgery so more adventure photos to come.

5 comments:

J said...

Yikes! we will be praying that it goes well. And as for the video....I will be watching all my favorite B movies in preparation for the viewing. How did you tear it anyway?

Erik and Tracy said...

Mr. Dave, we'll be praying too. Maybe if you end up with a bum leg, it will give you an excuse to return to the states for medical help :) Then we can hang out with you and your one leg..hee hee.

Nicole said...

we are praying for you today! hope that all went well. please keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Go for the carbon fiber peg leg verses the real wood peg leg. Carbon fiber is lighter and really they both splinter under extreme use, so why not right.

I kid, I kid.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. I look forward to a flurry of blog updates while you sit and heal.
Those kind of sound like dog commands, huh...