Dec 5, 2008

Alive and Kickin'

Well, almost.  1 week of home rest and no walking.  The surgery went well, mainly because they chose the correct leg and I was able to watch the entire surgery on the moniter while it took place.  There was certainly some Ecua experiences to keep things exciting.  I'd say the biggest one came when the nurse tried to remove the IV needle while it was still taped to my wrist.  It turned into a bloody mess and a bent needle!  D tried helping ease my nerves when we first got there by saying after hearing the printer go off, "Do you think they are printing the instructions?"  It was possible.  As for now, all is well, so thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.  With me at home loosing my mind, be looking for a flurry of posts over the next few day's.

3 comments:

Papa Ron said...

Did they use enough wrap on your leg?
My goodness you are definitely underwraps.

Anonymous said...

David, I can't imagine you being able to do almost nothing for one whole week but it sounds like you will be well taken care of. Wish we were there to help entertain while you recoup. We'd make sure you got all the chicken soup you need. I know they have lots of chickens, I've seen them hanging all over town. Get better quickly.
Love you,
Mama Jan

Sherry said...

I feel a little cheated--I didn't get any wraps when I had my knees replaced--I don't even think a bandaid:)

Can't wait to see you in 10 days!!!