May 22, 2008

Missing My Buddy

My nephew: Graduation night.  Being that I missed the event, I've created the nights events and interaction in my mind.  I feel like I was there.  Check it out:
"Hi Mommy!  I know, I should have colored in my letter like the other kids, but I was distracted by Red Bow Girl.  Isn't she cute?  I had to leg wrestle "R" and "N" to get this spot next to her."
Speaking to Red Bow Girl: "Well hello.  Want to see my six pack?  Go ahead, give it a rub."
This might be a little tougher than I thought.
No, wait a minute, she's looking at me.  I've got her now!  Now's the perfect time for the move Dad taught me..................
"Dad, it's working!  She's smiling at me!"
"Oh boy!"
"Did you know I'm also a musician?"  
"I'll bet your last boyfriend couldn't do this."
"Step back boys, Red Bow Girl is mine."

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Laughing so hard...might pass out.

Anonymous said...

LOL, oh man this has got to be one of your best posts.
The facial expressions are so good, that and your dialog.

Jodi Miller said...

I just read your story to Blake and he thought it was just as funny a I did. Ohp, I got to get back to the post. He wants me to read it again to him! :) heeeee. I love you David.

Papa Ron said...

Way too funny. I was there and didn't laugh as hard as when I read your post.

BBentz said...

That's funny stuff. I'm thinking uncle Dave taught him that move, not dad. Kids are something special.

Brandon

aunt juju said...

Oh my goodness! I laughed until my throat croaked!

Anonymous said...

Dave...you make me laugh lots of times but this was the best. I'm like Blake, I have to keep going back and reading it again and laughing until I cry all over again. So funny and you ought to hear his rendition of the line "Stand back boys,red bow girl is all mine!" He's got it down just right. Way too funny!!!
Mama Jan

Kate said...

oh man...I miss you two! You are so darn funny!

Anonymous said...

I am Awe. Struck.

Aunt Sherry