May 4, 2008

Creepy Crawler's

Friday D and I spent the day on a 5 hr guided hike through Cerro Blanco.  You may remember we had been to the park before but this was our first trip during the rainy season.  The park was green and full of life.  Check it out:

This was our first tarantula sighting in Ecuador.
This was our second.  Why so blurry?  Well, just before I could take the picture, our guide was quick to point out that this tarantula has the ability to shoot out small barbs as a defense.  If hit, you'll experience "complications" with your heart and lungs.  So, needless to say, my hand wasn't as steady while shooting.  I took the photo.  We moved on.  Everybody lived.





Raspberry Mushrooms

4 comments:

Sherry said...

I am proud of you for getting close enough to take the photos.

I have always said I like furry things--there are exceptions--yuck

Jodi Miller said...

You and Aunt Danielle should start thinking about the book that you are going to get to write together about all of this. It will be good reads.

heatre24 said...

If we are ever in the same place as those spiders while we're down there... DON'T TELL ME. Yucky!!!

BBentz said...

Nice photos Dave. I'm assuming those are leaf-cutter ants on that tree...very cool indeed. Did you try the mushrooms? Tosha thinks she wants to visit the jungle, but wait until I show her these photos.

Brandon